Monday, April 9, 2012

AHA! exhibit (Gathering4Gardner10)

This is the poster of !AHA!art exhibit with mathematical magical twist  signed by all the artists whose works were in it. I was lucky to get it with my own signature :-) The other signatures are:
 Akio Hizume,  Antonio Peticov,  Jeannine Mosely,  Kevin Box,  Martin Demaine,  Mark Mitton,
 Peter Swedenborg ,  Robert Fathauer,  Tony Robbin,  Chaim Goodman-strauss,  Caspar Schwabe,
 Daniel Erdely,  Elizabeth Carpenter,  Erik Demaine, Ivan Moscovich,  Jane and John Kostick,  Janusz Kapusta ,  Richard Zawitz,  Scott Kim, Teja Krasek,  Colm Mulcahy, Dick Esterle. 
              This exhibit featured works inspired by Martin Gardner, author of The Annotated Alice as well as other books and articles about recreational math, puzzles and magic.

 The exhibit included works by participants in the Gathering 4 Gardner tenth conference as well as works from the Gathering 4 Gardner collection. It was very nicely curated and Atlanta Public Library was really a perfect place for it. Of course, pictures will not give full impression of it.
I have to apologize that I have lost my notes on some of the works, so  I am posting all pictures here without captions - if you are the author and you want to be identified with your work, please let me know what should be in the caption! Also not all pictures came out well, so this is not a full depiction of the exhibit. But hopefully this exhibit will become a travelling show and will be seen by much more people! More pictures and impressions from the conference in my next blog posts :-)









1 comment:

  1. Daina: such wonderful images here, made more wonderful by the link to mathematics. I must get your book, I think. [found you from your post at "Cosmic Variance"]

    ReplyDelete